As a Gardener at Dakri Cartons Ltd., your role is pivotal in maintaining and enhancing the aesthetic appeal of our outdoor spaces. You will be responsible for cultivating and nurturing various plants, flowers, and greenery, ensuring the overall health and vibrancy of the landscape. The ideal candidate will have a passion for horticulture, a keen eye for detail, and a proactive approach to landscaping maintenance.
- Planting greenery where and when directed.
- Monitoring the health of all plants and greenscapes.
- Watering and feeding plants.
- Trimming trees and shrubs.
- Fertilizing and mowing lawns.
- Weeding gardens and walkways.
- Pest control & keeping the plants healthy.
- Keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter.
- Log any other issue that requires the assistance of the maintenance team on CMMS - Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in Dakri Cartons Ltd Quality Management System (QMS) and lean management principles.
- Complete all assigned training via e-learning platforms or other company-provided methods.
- Knowledge of water irrigation systems and ability to carry out repairs and service of the irrigation system.
- To take reasonable care for the safety and health of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions.
- To wear any personal protective equipment or clothing provided by the company at all times when there is a risk of bodily injury against which the equipment or clothing affords protection.
- To report forthwith to his superior the loss or destruction of, or defect in, the personal protective equipment or clothing entrusted to him.
- Not to use mobile phone and to remain alert (especially while working with equipment).
- Not to do any task that has not been asked of him to do.
- To report forthwith to his superior, or the health and safety officer, or to put on CMMS - Computerized Maintenance Management System any situation which, he has reason to believe, could present a risk to his safety and health.
- To complete all safety and educational training assigned to him via E-learning platforms or any other method of training made available by the company.
- To inform his superior if any medication that can make one drowsy has been taken.
- Any person who willfully or recklessly damages, interferes with, or misuses anything provided in the interest of safety, health, or welfare in pursuance of the company’s Health and Safety Management System shall commit an offence.
Soft skills – communication
- Body language
- Physical communication
Soft skills – personal
- Self leadership
Soft skills – creativity
- Problem solving
Soft skills – professional
- Manual labour skills
- General house-keeping
- Basic health & safety
- CMMS - Computerized Maintenance Management System training
- EdApp training (how to use)
- Infrastructure Manager
- Your contribution to Dakri Cartons Ltd.’s greens are required from 7 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Required to work on Saturdays and overtime if and when needed
- Probation period of 1 year after which you’ll be assessed for further employment