The role of a Human Resource Officer is to provide support to the Human Resources department in various administrative tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization.
- Maintaining personnel records: A Human Resource Officer is responsible for organizing and maintaining employee records, including employment applications, resumes, benefits information, and other important documents.
- Recruiting support: A Human Resource Officer assists with various aspects of the recruitment process, such as posting job vacancies, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Benefits administration: The Officer assists with the administration of employee benefits, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and other employee perks.
- New hire orientation: The Officer assists with the onboarding process for new employees, including setting up new employee files and providing orientation materials.
- Payroll support: The Human Resource Officer does the payroll processing, such as collecting and verifying time cards, maintaining payroll records, and preparing payroll reports.
- Employee relations: The Human Resource Officer assists with employee relations, such as answering employee questions, addressing concerns, and providing information about company policies and procedures.
- Compliance: The Human Resource Officer assist with ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations, including maintaining records.
- The Human Resource Officer is responsible for developing and implementing effective recruitment strategies, including advertising job openings, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and making hiring recommendations.
- Employee relations: The Human Resource Officer oversees employee relations, including managing employee grievances, mediating disputes, and providing advice and guidance to employees.
- Training and development: The Human Resource Officer is responsible for developing and implementing employee training and development programs to ensure that employees have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their job duties effectively.
- Performance management: The Human Resource Officer oversees the performance management process, including setting performance goals, conducting performance evaluations, and developing performance improvement plans.
- Experience of 3 years or more in the field
- HSC Holder
- Fluent in English and French oral and written
- Basic/advanced Microsoft knowledge and use (excel, word)
- Experience in the use of computer systems
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Finance Manager
- HR Strategist
- Health and safety officer
- Normal working hours are from 07:00 to 17:00.
- Required to work on Saturdays and overtime if and when needed.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed.
This position implies that you will perform such other tasks as be required for the effective operation of the Company upon request by management.