Did you know that Dakri Cartons has been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC™) for two years now?
This key step in our pursuit of supplying ethical cardboards to our clients has a tremendous impact on various peoples and the environment. By choosing Dakri cartons as a supplier, you lend your support to a virtuous cause and help the planet towards a better future. Discover more about the FSC™ Label.
What does the FSC™ label certify?
This label certifies that raw materials are sourced from sustainably-managed forests with a positive impact for all stakeholders, from indigenous peoples to businesses and the planet as a whole.
The structure of the organisation ensures balanced actions in three key areas:
- Its economic chamber deals with forest management and forest product companies, among others
- Its environmental chamber liaises with NGOs and other environment-focused bodies
- Its social chamber deals with indigenous communities, trade unions and social organisations.
The dynamic independent entity is also evolving, enlisting the help of various stakeholders to provide new solutions to:
- Promote responsible sourcing by helping businesses work with forests responsibly
- Work towards Conservation to maintain and enhance forest value
- Help restore ecosystems by accelerating forest recovery
The 5 key functions of forests
Why is sustainable sourcing so important? While trees are our planet’s lungs, forests are fully functional, breathing bodies of foliage which work in our favour in many aspects.
- Their rich fauna and flora help support biodiversity for healthy ecosystems.
- While leaves transform carbon dioxide into oxygen, the soil also stores carbon (also known as carbon sequestration), thus helping to mitigate world carbon emissions.
- The soil purifies water of pollutants such as mercury and pesticides, while also absorbing heavy rain, to minimise the risk of flooding.
- Their rich biodiversity of flora blooms and degrades to compost to regenerate the soil.
Their shelter and greenery is home to indigenous peoples, myths, cultures and provides relaxing recreational activities.
The 5-step process before being certified
Gaining FSC™ certification isn’t a simple task; businesses only obtain it after a stringent process:
- Contact: the applicant company can gather the necessary information about requirements and certifications specific to their business.
- Apply for certification: once the certification body is chosen, an agreement is signed.
- Implement an appropriate Management System: in line with FSC™ requirements and Chain of Custody standards.
- Undergo an audit: on-site, carried out by the certification body.
- Certification approval: only after all these criteria have been proven to be followed and complied with can the applicant obtain the certification.
By using exclusively FSC™-certified materials, Dakri Cartons shows its dedication to sustainable business and operations, and brings you this environmentally responsible option.
FSC License code: FSC-C162741
Go for cardboard now, and contact us:
Call us now on 233 5880 for more information.